Skip to main content

Currently, visitors arriving in Bali can obtain a 30-day visa online (eVOA) prior to arrival at Ngurah Rai International Airport, extendable for an additional 30 days (eVOA 60), after which they must leave Indonesia. To apply for a Visa on Arrival, you must have a valid passport and proof of outbound flight reservation.

For individuals planning an extended stay exceeding 60 days, it’s essential to investigate visa options for added flexibility.

Determine your travel schedule and lifestyle goals while residing in Bali, including your preferred frequency of travel and the type of life you envision (such as working, studying, or retiring).

We understand there is a lot of confusing online content on visas so we aim to provide up-to-date clear options. These include visas enabling living and working in Indonesia, such as the limited stay visas which grant residence cards (KITAS).

Whether you’re here for remote work, studying, taking a gap year, investing, or retiring, we offer visa solutions with durations ranging from months to years. Working with us means gaining access to proficient visa agents who offer great customer service, guidance, provide quotes, and ensure a smooth online visa process, making your experience hassle-free.

Visas are issued electronically, eliminating the need to visit an embassy to collect a visa. They are paid online and can be emailed as a PDF and also sent via WhatsApp message.

There will always be changes to regulations (i.e. offshore versus onshore), requirements (documents to present like proof of address, bank statements, passport validity, insurance, flight details etc.) and fees, so best to get our visa agents to answer any questions you have and give you the most cost-effective solution.

C1 (B211A) Single Entry Visa

The C1 (formerly 211A) single-entry visa offers versatility for various purposes such as official government activities, tourism, social and cultural activities, sports, business, family visits, journalistic activities, or transit.

This visa allows remote work, granting the flexibility to work from locations like co-working hubs, villas, and cafes. It’s particularly favorable for digital nomads as it permits freelancers and remote workers to operate tax-free for up to six months, provided all business and earnings occur outside of Indonesia.

Initially, it permits a 60-day stay in Bali, that can be extended twice for an additional 60 days each time, totalling 180 days (60days x 3 times). After 180 days, leaving Indonesia and reapplying for a new visa is necessary. Typically, this involves taking a short trip to nearby countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, or perhaps returning to one’s home country.

The first 60 days is slightly higher than subsequent 60 day extensions, and the processing time is approximately 5-7working days when applied offshore.

Your passport must be valid for at least 12 months and you need to book a return airline ticket.

Please note, you cannot apply for a this visa while in Indonesia after arriving on a Visa on Arrival (VOA); it must be applied for outside of Indonesia, so the visa is issued before entering the country.

You may decide when in Bali to swap to a longer stay visas which is a KITAS. This is possible if you are already on a B211 visa and there is at least 30 days left.

We have recommended visa agents who can process this visa and others for you hassle-free.

C12 Pre Investment Single Entry Visa

The C12 Pre Investment Single Entry Visa is for those who want to carry out activities related to starting a business, including field surveys and/or feasibility studies.

It allows travellers to stay in Bali and other parts of Indonesia for a duration of 180 days.  If you leave Indonesia during this visa, the remaining time on your visa will be lost. It is not extendable onshore.

This visa allows you to arrive with 180 days as opposed to the C1 (B211) visa where you have arrive with 60 days and are then able to do two further 60 day extensions.

This single-entry visa includes sponsorship through a visa agent. We have recommended visa agents who can process this visa for you very easily.

Frequent Business Travellers

Expats who wish to live in Bali but need to fly out of Indonesia for work very regularly may opt for the D1 or D2 visa as opposed to reapplying for the eVOA every time.

This visa permits multiple entries within its one-year or two-year validity, provided that each stay in Bali does not exceed 60 days. You can also extend 2 x 60 days.

This is a great option for travellers that are Fly in Fly Out workers (FIFO) and travel frequently for other business and tourism reasons.

Types of KITAS

If you are looking to live long term or work in Indonesia, you will need something called a KITAS (Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas), which is a Residence Permit Card for a temporary or limited stay.

A KITAS offers greater flexibility and may be more suitable for you, depending on the duration of your stay, your specific requirements, and whether you need to frequently enter and exit Indonesia.

There is an Investment KITAS (Valid 1 & 2 years option – Multiple Entry) and Dependent/Family KITAS (Valid 1 year – Multiple Entry), Student KITAS, Student & Parent KITAS, Retirement KITAS and Working KITAS (Full Sponsorship, depending on work category).

Benefits of a KITAS

  • Leave Indonesia as many times as you want during the visa period or never leave at all.
  • You can be quicker in the immigration line (KITAS holder line) every time you are at the airport – avoid the tourists!
  • Your immigration visit is done once and no more trips and extensions within the visa period.
  • Enjoy better prices and discounts for KITAS holders at places like gyms, yoga clubs, attractions, activities, accommodation and more.
  • KITAS holders can also organise insurance policies with local Balinese agents who represent major worldwide insurance companies like Allianz.
  • A child can attend any school they want in Bali.
  • Open a local bank account.
  • The ability to buy items like a scooter or car in your name.

Remote worker KITAS / Digital Nomad visa

Indonesia offers a Remote Working visa (great for digital nomads) for those who have an employment contract with a company established outside Indonesia.

A requirement of this visa is a salary statement from your company or bank account statement proving that your income is minimum $60,000 USD per year. Alternatively if self employed, you need to show that amount of money goes into it as salary.

When you are granted thos visa, you can also sponsor family members with a Dependent KITAS.

This visa is valid for one year and it is not renewable.

Read Opening a business

Working KITAS

If you would like to work or obtain income in Indonesia, you have to get a Work KITAS that allows foreigners to work officially in the country.

There are three ways to obtain a Work KITAS (permit).

1)Your employer has to obtain a work permit (IMTA) for you from the Indonesian Ministry of Manpower. Based on the duration of your work contract. The sponsoring company and your occupation are stated in the KITAS. Accordingly, you are not entitled to work in another position, nor to get a job in another company with this Kitas.

2) You can open your own PT PMA company and apply for a Working Kitas under it.

3) Get a sponsored Working KITAS through my visa agents depending on your occupation. Note some KITAS are available for 6 months or 12 months depending on the occupation and work categories (such as entertainment, sports, and marketing).

Read Opening a business

Investor KITAS

Investor visas are for shareholders of companies registered in Indonesia. This is where you need to set up a company called PT PMA (foreign owned company).

Once you set up a PT PMA, you can then be a shareholder in your company, and also you can work in your company using the Investor KITAS. Once you have an Investor KITAS, you can register for a Family KITAS for your spouse/children and we can help you to arrange that.

This visa is valid for 1 (C313) and 2 years (C314) and the investor must own shares for at least IDR 10 billion. Investors can no longer prove their ownership with a capital statement letter – now an investor must prove their share purchase by demonstrating bank statements. Investor KITAS giving you multiple entry permit.

Foreigners with a PT PMA can also safely buy freehold land in Bali.

Read Opening a business

Student with family KITAS

Indonesia offers a Student KITAS for those who want to study in Indonesia. Parents can now join on a Family Dependent Kitas with their child that is studying.

A letter of acceptance from the educational institution in Indonesia that explains the length of time the foreigner (student) will be enrolled is the requirement.

It is availabble for 1 and 2 year options. Multiple entry and is renewable.

Student KITAS

Certain international schools mandate that their students hold a Student KITAS, signifying their status as full-time students in Indonesia. These visas are initially valid for one year and can be renewed annually throughout the study period.

The school’s legal department typically handles the visa arrangements for students, facilitating the process by taking them to immigration.  It’s important to note that, as parents, you are still responsible for arranging your own individual visas separately.

The alternative to the school applying for a KITAS is for your child to receive a Dependent KITAS that comes from your KITAS.

Retirement KITAS

The age requirement for the Retirement KITAS (319) has been updated from 55 years to 60 years. This visa is designed for foreign nationals who have ceased working and wish to retire in Bali. It is valid for one year with multiple entries and can be renewed annually.

To apply for this visa, one must be onshore in Bali, necessitating an initial arrival on a B211 single-entry visa. The processing time for a retirement KITAS is approximately four weeks, and renewals should be initiated 1-3 months before the KITAS expiry, proving more economical than the initial application.

Holders of a Retirement KITAS are eligible to apply for local BPJS insurance, purchase a car or scooter, and can import personal belongings.

The application process includes the submission of the following documents:

  • Lease contract for a minimum of 12 months along with a copy of the owner’s ID card.
  • Local ID of two home assistants (a signed letter will be arranged upon arrival in Bali).
  • Bank account statement with a minimum balance of 550 million IDR from your country’s bank.
  • Health insurance covering a one-year period.
  • Passport with a minimum validity of 18 months.

Second Home Visa

The Second Home Visa (sometimes known as the Golden visa)  is designed for foreign nationals arriving in Indonesia, including investors, tourists, and elderly/retiree tourists. This visa allows for a stay in Indonesia for either 5 or 10 years.


Families, such as children, spouses, or parents, can also apply for the Second Home Visa.

The application process includes the submission of the following documents:

  • A valid national passport with a remaining validity of at least 36 months.
  • Proof of funds, such as an account owned by the Foreign Nationals or the Sponsor, with a minimum value of 2,000,000,000 IDR (two billion rupiah) or its equivalent.

Processing your Visa

We work with the best visa agents who have extensive years of experience that will seamlessly navigate the visa process providing you the cost effective solutions no matter what your circumstance.

These visa agents can be your sponsor depending on the visa you need.

They can also assist with other requirements such as:

– local driver’s licences for cars and motorbikes
– SKTT documents required for car and scooter purchase
–  domicile letters

If you’re interested in having your visa processed by one of our agents, please review the details of our Silver Package Service.